Saturday 24 November 2007

Running away from home....

Yes, I ran away from home. I was trying to just chill, but of course the builders next door had other plans for me. They banged on that wall non-stop for over 40 minutes. By that time, everything was annoying me. My hair, the country, everything.

I immediately phoned for a hair appointment. If there's something that chills me down, it is having my hair done. There is just something about letting someone else take care of you that just makes you relax.
I grabbed a taxi and went down to the Hair Workshop in Hanoi Towers.

The girl who washed my hair had the longest nails known to man. It felt like she was trying scrub my scalp. Normally when they put the conditioner on, they massage your scalp for a few minutes. Oh no.......i did not get that treatment.
By the time she finished, my blood pressure had gone up a notch or two.
She then asked me very friendly if i wanted coffee or tea. I was just a bit snippy with my response.

I was not chilling down here. They cut my hair and I was irritated by that. The whole place was just irritating me. At least my hair is short again.
I then jumped in a taxi to go grab moooney, and go to Nha Tho. I wanted Tapas and to just chill. I neeeeeded to chill.
First the money. I go to the ANZ bank atm. I have an ANZ card. The account is at the very bank the ATM is situated. Machine tells me issuer of card not available. Hey??????
I try again - remember you need cash in Vietnam. Again. This issuer dude is nowhere to be found.

After swearing in all languages i know, including body, I tried the next machine.
Finally, something works. I get the money and then strolled down Le Thai To.

I have been meaning to go into the monument/temple dedicated to king Ly Thai To, so today I did it. Inside people were very busy praying. It is quite beautiful and peaceful inside.
After playing tourist, I then waddled over to Nha Tho where I have now bogged down at La Salsa.
I have got wine, I have got tapas, I have internet.
I'm good. :)
FINALLY. Finally, I'm relaxing and putting the day's irritation behind me.

I have phoned my next door neighbour who will be joining me shortly. Then I can chat away the rest of the evening......

Till I blog again!

No comments: